Thursday, September 24, 2015

A lot done, but still far from finished (third update smaug)

I made decent progress the past 2 evenings. I started on smaug's body with thesame red colors as the wings and afterwards masked the reds with tape and airbrushed the top in browns. I actually haven't touched a brush and I like it! This model really lends itself to airbrushing because it is so big. I will certainly make highlights on the browns of his back and wash it with some kind of red/purple to fit the color a bit more with the reds. 

I am really having fun painting this model!
The only thing I don't like is that the reds really don't show as nice in the pictures as they are, and I can't figure out how to adjust my settings to make them more lifelike.


   khorne red+doombull brown+black



Highlighted with chorne red and afterwards with evil sunz scarlet
And Smaug's back with doombull brown and afterwards a mix doombull+ gorthor brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment