Saturday, December 19, 2015

Brushes

I started this hobby with the Games Workshop brushes. I used them for about two years never questioning if there're better brushes. At this moment I only have a large drybrush:


I also tried some Army Painter brushes. In my opinion there's no big difference in quality between them and the Games Workshop ones. Currently I'm using the Small Drybrush of Army Painter:



Then I heard of other brushes and went searching online. I came across Winsor & Newton Series 7. It's very clear that these brushes are of another level. They are made from only the finest Kolinsky Sable hair.
Since that day I didn't use the other brushes anymore.
They cost more then the other brushes, but it's worth every penny!


Then I heard of Raphael 8404 and Rosemary & Co. They both also have Kolinsky Sable hair. I really like the Raphael 8404. I find it's the same quality as the Winsor & Newton Series 7. I don't have them that long so at this moment I really can't say which one I prefer.
The Rosemary & Co is a good brush but I find it of a lesser quality. They're still better then the Games Workshop and Army Painters ones.
The Raphael 8404 has the same price range then the Winsor & Newton Series 7 but the Rosemary & Co is cheaper so that may explain the difference in quality.



Today I bought Winsor & Newton Series 7 Miniature. They have shorter hair. Some people say you've better control. I also bought the same kind of brush from the brand of the local hobby store where I mostly buy my brushes: Schleiper. It should be the same quality but for less money. So an update of this review will follow.



And don't forget a brush cleaner!


Any feedback, tips, opinions,... are welcome!

Greetings

Werner



No comments:

Post a Comment